Sunday, September 4, 2011

Welcome to the Blog!

Welcome to the first post on my brand new blog! Still working out the kinks, mostly on my end, as I learn to use the widgets and great tools that Google has to offer. So here goes….

Being a Cadette Trainer has its ups and downs! There’s nothing like hearing “I did what you said, and it worked!” or “I used the idea that other woman was talking about, and my girls loved it! We’ll do it again!” And it warms my cockles to hear, “we like the training so much the first time, we came back to do it again and learn more!” Truly, I am more of a facilitator. I have a training format to follow, but the real blood and guts, in the trenches comments come from you leaders.

Most of you own a Cadette girl, and many of you are facing the same challenges with your daughter and her troop mates. They are a squirrely bunch of incoming 6th graders, 7th graders in a fog, and then 8th graders getting to know who they are a bit better. So social, and so about snack and chat in 6th grade. Most of them don’t have email accounts and phones, yet, but they will, and as a leader and troop, you’re all going to be working toward making the changes that come as these girls grow up.

And they’re going to change. They’ll get hair in funny places, body changes in shape and dimension, and their hormones will just be raging. School will be both fun, hard and boring. Those happy little chatty girls will change into monosyllabic responders. Yep, they’re a different kind of challenge, all right!!!!

So, in this blog, I’m hoping to provide a forum for questions and answers. Resource for info and a way for all of you to share info with one another. It’s my first try, and I hope it works!

It will also be a place for me to post info gleaned from training, any new program pieces that I hear about from council, and maybe even some fun photos of Cadette events. I’m hoping it will be fun and productive for all of us.

  -  Ann

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a Junior leader but would love to read what all you guys do since next year I'll have Cadettes.

    Feel free to go read my troop blog if you like :)

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, forgot to leave you the link to our blog in case you are interested :) Here it is http://girlscouttroop746.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Ann! I love the ideas for Cadettes, especially about sleepovers.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments and questions. Answers will be in this section also.