Sunday, June 24, 2012

Breathing along the Journey Pathway....



Pretty excited about this afternoon!

First day of our Cadette Journey Breathe Series.  Anne Rizzacasa and I have been talking about, planning for, and readying pieces for this Journey since January....and NOW it's here!

We had our first planning meeting with the girls last Sunday.  Not quite the input I'd hoped for, but a start!  This meeting will really get us started and focused on what the girls want to do.

I hope!  And I hope that their non-posting on our Breathe website is NOT an indicator of apathy or lack of interest!  (You can see what we have started, here:
I hope that it's just the start of something new, and the girls will just need some encouragement to get themselves motivated to do some work for the Journey.  I hope they don't expect us to deliver it all to them, by the spoonful.  I hope we really do get the girl leadership to deveop so that the girls will lead their Journey.

It seems a lot to hope for!  But I know they can do it!!!  And we can all do it together. Yes, I'm the optimist!  We'll be doing many of the things I talk about in training:  ice breakers, people bingo (thank you Chris Grisey from PA Training), kooshball name games, breaking into work groups, then changing the work groups, snack and craft, name badges, girl reports back about the women leaders featured in the Journey book, planning the overnight and field trip out to Palm Springs. 

Yes we have PLENTY to do!  I'll keep you posted on how it all goes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments and questions. Answers will be in this section also.