Friday, July 13, 2012

Someday, it will get done....



There are seven days in the week
and someday isn't one of them.”

Oh my, but it's so true!  I've heard that aphorism on and off my whole life.  And yes, I can be a procrastinator, though I work valiantly against it!!!

Our Cadette girls have "someday" for everything they need to do!  That 7th grade fog can take over, and we just lose that happ, eager little girl we used to know.  Instead, everything is an effort.  Everything can cause the rolling eyes and big sighs, and the girl only wants to do it later. Someday.

We're seeing it in our Breathe Journey, too.  One mom said, "well, she's just got a face on her", and when I asked why, she, a bit exasperatedly, said, "she's eleven!"  Nice to know "the look" wasn't because of Girl Scouts.  And fortunately, once she was hooked up with the other girls, she thawed out, participated and even smiled and laughed.  WHEW!

The "someday" she would smile again was the same day!  Though the posting on the website and doing the work ahead of time is still someday for about half of our girls.  Nice girls, but without enough days in the week.  Someday they'll get it done. Someday they'll go for the Silver. 

Someday will come, I just know it!  Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments and questions. Answers will be in this section also.