Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cadette Essentials Training



I am in such a good mood!  And part of it is because I cleared my desk, I'm sure, and part of it is because I'm going to train the Cadette Essentials class in Irvine tonight.

I just love talking with all these new (and not so new) advisors as they transition from Junior leaders to Cadette Advisors, Some have already started the process, and some have not.  As one leader said, "I just don't want to let go!"  And as the advisor next to her said, "You have to, and you and  your daughter are going to love it!"

I couldn't have said it better myself.  We talk about how these girls are moody, hormonal, loving, sure of themselves, believe what they know with a vengeance and want to be the big girls.  And we talk about how we need to give the girls the opportunity to start spreading her wings, standing on her own two feet, and learning how to become a leader in her own life.  (Sorry, too many metaphors in one sentence!)

We saw how these 8th grade girls are getting to be the big girls on Sunday.  We had our very first ToGetHerBoating Event at The Dunes.  And while the majority of girls were 9th-12th graders, these 8th graders just jumped right in and participated! No one was holding their hands, and everyone played nicely together.  One comment said, "Kayaking really requires good teamwork!"

The evals said it well, when every girl said that the more experienced girls helped all the less experienced girls as they needed help.  No judgement, and what great reinforcement for the older girls!  Truly, win-win.

Looking forward to a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments and questions. Answers will be in this section also.